Recycling is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to be green. It may not be as trendy as a hybrid or as hip as new ENERGY STAR fridge, but it’s easy and convenient. Yet annually, Georgians dispose of 2.6 million tons of recyclable materials worth an estimated $300 million. And, as Georgia is home to some of the strongest recycling markets in the nation, these wasted resources also hurt our local economy.
The Georgia Department of Community Affairs Office of Environmental Management is implementing a comprehensive integrated strategy to boost recycling in the state and to keep these valuable materials out of the landfills and in our local mills and factories. One critical component of this strategy is to launch a statewide recycling awareness campaign. This campaign is detailed here on Campaign Central.
Research shows that, if given the right information in the right way, Georgians will recycle more. While this campaign is intended to touch all Georgians, research uncovered that those most likely to be easily influenced to recycle are self-proclaimed, non-committed recyclers ages 25 through 34. Initially, the statewide recycling campaign will focus on this target audience.
The research also revealed that many misperceptions exist about recycling. The creative developed for this campaign takes these misperceptions and excuses and exaggerates them to show their absurdity. The “cast of characters” developed for the campaign (and whom you will meet on this site) wear their non-recycler status on their proverbial sleeve. It’s not your “traditional” recycling education campaign, but who wants that? Our campaign will catch the attention of our target audience, and it will get people talking – critical components of an effective social marketing campaign.
We welcome you to review all of the various elements to the campaign, and utilize what you can to develop a tailored local campaign. But above all, have fun!
Interested in becoming a Campaign Sponsor?
In just 4 months, we’ve engaged thousands of Georgians in recycling through this campaign. We have tremendous buzz and momentum, but … we need your help to keep it going.
Over 150 communities and stakeholders are implementing campaigns using our tools, including a new Incentive Kit with T-shirts, banners, koozies, coasters, stickers, promotional cards and of course, a Flat Tommy. But, money is tight everywhere and we can use your support in taking these to more communities.
Today we are announcing two very low-cost, yet highly effective ways for your company to get involved:
- Sponsor a campaign Incentive Kit and they will be awarded to the community of your choosing. You can also purchase one or several for your own use, as well as some other tools like our coasters.
- Sponsor the consumer Web site for 3, 6, 9 or 12 months. Thousands of Georgians visit the site every month and your support will help us take the message, and our quirky characters, to even more Georgians.
We only have a limited supply of the Incentive Kits left and we know they will go fast so please e-mail email@example.com by November 15, 2009 with your interest.
Current Sponsorship Options:
- $2,500 – Single Incentive Kit sponsorship, includes training Webinar for community receiving the kit. OR, sponsorship of campaign Web site for 3-months.
- $5,000 – Consumer web site sponsorship for 3 months, incl. your logo prominently featured, plus a customized banner-ad for your internal/external Web site; press release announcing your sponsorship.
- $7,500 – Web site sponsorship for 6 months, prominent corporate logo, 2 customized banner-ads; press release announcing your sponsorship.
- $7,500 – 3 Incentive Kits, plus training Webinar branded w/company logo, press release announcing sponsorship and run of 1,000 coasters for community of your choosing.
- $10,000 – Web site sponsorship for 9 months, your logo prominently featured, plus 3 customized banner-ads; press release announcing sponsorship.
- $12,500 – Web site sponsorship for 12 months, your logo prominently featured, plus 4 customized banner-ads; press release announcing sponsorship
- $17,500 – Web site sponsorship for 12-months, your logo prominently featured, plus 4 customized banner-ads; press release announcing your sponsorship, 2 Incentive Kits, run of 1,000 coasters for community of your choosing, incl. training Webinar for community(s) receiving the kit; press release announcing sponsorship.
- $20,000 – Web site sponsorship for 12 months, your logo prominently featured, plus 4 customized banner-ads; press release announcing sponsorship, run of 2,500 coasters (or 500 koozies) and a press release announcing your sponsorship, also includes Webinar training for community(s) receiving the kits.
Other sponsorship opportunities are also available so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.